Each child is a unique individual, cherished by a loving God and blessed with individual gifts and talents. At SKDS we are thankful for each child and strive to impart to each one that s/he is special. We encourage the full development of each child physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually with the help of his/her parents, who are a child's primary teachers.
Our goals are to help the child:
- Develop positive self-concepts through increased awareness of his/her God-given characteristics and abilities;
- Develop positive concepts about family, friends, church, and school;
- Learn about a loving and caring God by discovering and appreciating the world around him/her;
- Increase his/her awareness of and appreciation for the five primary senses;
- Develop Christian attitudes of sharing, taking turns, helping, listening, thanking, and celebrating; and
- Progress in his/her development in the areas of Fine Motor, Gross Motor, Language, Social, and Cognitive Skills.
4K Program Description
St. Katharine Drexel School is also a site for the Beaver Dam 4Kids preschool program. The 4K program operates Monday through Friday from either 8:15 to 11:00AM or from 12:15 to 3:00PM.
Our 4K program for four year old children is based on the theme “I Am Special.” The “I Am Special” program is designed to:
- Help young children discover their special qualities and
- Follows well established Early Childhood education standards.
The primary focus of the program is one of helping children develop positive self-concepts through an awareness that each one of them is special with unique gifts and talents.
Their positive self-concepts are the foundation for developing attitudes of loving, sharing, and helping. A positive self-image helps the child form relationships with those around him/her.
Saint Katharine Drexel School offers a 4K program for children of any faith.
The 4K session is for children who are four years old by September 1 of the year enrolled.