So we plan, pray, and celebrate our faith as intentional disciples through personal, student, family and community participation.
We remain committed to improving STUDENT LEARNING:
- We continue to challenge our students to be lifelong learners, emphasizing the home connection, keeping families informed and encouraging family involvement by helping children continue learning at home.
- We communicate with families, making the initial move when they seem unable or unwilling to do so for the benefit of the student.
- We will use the new SCIENCE materials (from Pearson) for grades 5K-8.
- We will focus on the new Family Life Standards and review additional materials in order to adopt an updated series in 2018/2019.
- We will follow the Smart Goals outlined in our Accreditation Action Plan.
- We will reemphasize our concern for Conflict Resolution and Bullying Prevention.
- We continue to emphasize WRITING, READING AND LISTENING across all curricular areas.
- We continue using the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies to encourage family weekend Mass participation and continue our work with the Parish emphasis on EVANGELIZATION.
We meet the needs of all students entrusted to our care through differentiated instruction including enrichment, assistance, assessment and accommodations.
We state goals so that students understand the purpose of individual lessons, how they achieve standards and are able to monitor personal progress.
With our students, we will make SKDS a place of peace, reconciliation and welcome as we remain ever faithful to our mission, to teach as Jesus taught as we grow into intentional disciples.
We continue using COMMON CURRICULUM, online lesson planning, enabling us to collaborate and track exit expectations more easily.
We remain committed to working in partnership with our families for the benefit of the children entrusted to our care.
WE WELCOME OUR STUDENTS MEETING THEIR NEEDS~~
- NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE,
- HOW THEY LEARN, OR
- WHAT THEIR INDIVIDUAL ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE BASE MAY BE.