Each child is a unique individual, cherished by a loving God and blessed with individual gifts and talents. At SKDS we are thankful for each child and strive to impart to each one that s/he is special. We encourage the full development of each child physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually with the help of his/her parents, who are a child's primary teachers.
Our goals are to help the child:
- Develop positive self-concepts through increased awareness of his/her God-given characteristics and abilities;
- Develop positive concepts about family, friends, church, and school;
- Learn about a loving and caring God by discovering and appreciating the world around him/her;
- Increase his/her awareness of and appreciation for the five primary senses;
- Develop Christian attitudes of sharing, taking turns, helping, listening, thanking, and celebrating; and
- Progress in his/her development in the areas of Fine Motor, Gross Motor, Language, Social, and Cognitive Skills.
3K Five-Day Program Description
Our five-day preschool program, for three to four year old children, is based on the theme "Thank you, God."
The "Thank-you, God" program focuses on God's creation and all those things for which we are thankful.
The theme is designed to:
- Help each child discover God's gifts, and
- Make each child more aware of the world around him/her.
Young children enjoy feeling good about their environment and about themselves. Positive Christian attitudes of loving, sharing, helping, and caring are developed and emphasized throughout the year.
3K Admissions Policy
Saint Katharine Drexel School offers a Preschool program for children of any faith.
The Preschool session is for children who are three years old by September 1 of the year enrolled.
4K Program Description
St. Katharine Drexel School is also a site for the Beaver Dam 4Kids preschool program. The 4K program operates Monday through Friday from 8:15 to 11:00AM.
Our 4K program for four year old children is based on the theme “I Am Special.” The “I Am Special” program is designed to:
- Help young children discover their special qualities and
- Follows well established Early Childhood education standards.
The primary focus of the program is one of helping children develop positive self-concepts through an awareness that each one of them is special with unique gifts and talents.
Their positive self-concepts are the foundation for developing attitudes of loving, sharing, and helping. A positive self-image helps the child form relationships with those around him/her.
4K Admissions Policy
Saint Katharine Drexel School offers a 4K program for children of any faith.
The 4K session is for children who are four years old by September 1 of the year enrolled.
5K Program Description
St. Katharine Drexel School has a full day 5K program. Children entering Kindergarten must be 5 years of age by September 1.
Annually SKDS holds a registration roundup which provides information to prospective families who may be interested in enrolling their children in our school. This registration roundup is typically held in late January or early February.