"Many Hands Make Light Work"
Volunteer help from parents/guardians is vital for the successful operation of SKDS. Parents/guardians are welcome in school for a wide variety of support functions.
There are many ways to get involved at SKDS. We could use your talents, skills, or interests -- there is something for everyone!
- Home and School Association Member
- Donor / Alumni Committee
- Library Aide
- Band Guild Member
- Athletic Association Member
- Forensics Judges and Drivers
- Family Carnival Committee Member or Volunteer
- Lunch Room Volunteer
- Classroom Aide
- Learning Zone Tutor
- School Board and Committees
* Public Relations/Marketing/Development
* Football Mania
- Scrip Volunteer
- Computer Lab Volunteer
- In-School Event Volunteer
- Parish Council Member
- Bible Study Leader
Besides joining the Committees above, there are many other ways you may become involved here at St. Katharine Drexel School. To get involved, simply call the school office. Your contribution is always much appreciated!
All volunteers must fulfill the following requirements prior to volunteering at our school and parish:
1. Attend a SAFE GUARDING ALL GOD’S FAMILY In-Service Training provided by the Milwaukee Archdiocese (link for registration below) which includes:
- Reading and Signing the Code of Ethics and undergoing a Criminal Records Check
2. Completing a Volunteer Application
Steps to register for SAFE GUARDING ALL GOD'S FAMILY:
- Go to milwaukee.CMGconnect.org
- Follow the online instructions
- If you have questions, contact Jennifer Crombie
These requirements must be fulfilled before an individual may provide volunteer services to ensure the safety and well-being of our students.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (920) 885-5558.
Items To Save For SKDS
SKDS Saves items all year long. We realize the list can be daunting; however, every little bit counts. A good rule of thumb is to pick three or four items that are easiest for you. Here is a list of all things we save/recycle, and easy tips on how and where to drop each item off:
Drop off in bags behind the school, next to the kitchen door. Benefits the 5th grade classroom field trips.
Used ink cartridges
Store in bag and deliver to box at James St. entry. Coordinator Andy Yasger – we get cash for technology fund
We are looking for 5 years old or newer computers that work for use in the school. Contact Andy Yasger for details. 885-5558
Our Family/Recheks UPC’s
Trim the UPC with #70253 from all Our Family Products. Take to either school office or send in your child’s Family Folder. We earn 5 cents per UPC. This benefits the Student Activity Fund*. Carol Lockwood Coordinator.
The Student Activity Fund* is shared by all grades and is used for fees, special events, presenters, field trips, activities, and equipment directly benefiting the students of SKDS. For more information, please contact Ms. Crombie 885-5558
Thank you! Collecting these items really makes a difference!